Saturday, April 4, 2009

Happy Birthday

Yesterday was your birthday - my first without you. I wish you could be here to see them growing, here to help me find my way along this road, here so we could talk and laugh, so I could hear your voice and see you smile. There is so much more I want to ask you.

Having said this, just knowing you are free of pain and sadness, knowing that you are happy, safe and whole, makes my loss a bit more bearable. I know that you are here with us - watching us and loving us, smiling and laughing. There are reminders all around me. The birds and flowers you love so much, that stepping stone, your books, the way she dances - all of these are gifts from you and reassure me of your presence. I love you so much, Mama. Thank you for loving me.



9 comments:

myan said...

oh allie, so beautiful. i am thinking of you and your mom today.
*hugs* michelle

Valerie said...

What a beautiful tribute to your mom. I am sure that the memories you have make you the great mom that you are! Many hugs my friend!

Allie said...

Thank you so much, Michelle and Val! I really appreciate your reading my post.

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

hugs!!

Frau Zinnie said...

*hug*

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful tribute to your Mom. The photo is precious. Hugs.

Michelle (mkc photography) said...

Allie, your mother must have been a lovely, giving, amazing woman and I am thinking of you today.

Jennifer Aitchison said...

a Birthday is such a beautiful celebration between a mother and child. I hope your heart is filled all day with the loving memories you have.
Sending kind wishes your way :)

Allie said...

Thank you very much, Ladies! :) You guys are awesome! :) xo, allie